Full Time/Part Time
SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, hard working individual who is looking for higher income. Your potential income is truly unlimited, and your growth within the company is based on your own performance and ability to meet and exceed goals.
Account Executives are responsible for maintaining and creating new accounts and maintaining current accounts. Must have 1-3 years experience in advertising sales.
© 2012 Gem Magazine LI. All rights reserved.
Employment Opportunities & Internships
Internships at GEM Magazine LI will help you launch a career in magazines, and gain the necessary experience to put you ahead of other candidates in the workplace.
Internships are great resume builders, offer opportunities to network and meet potential future employers, and can be a doorway to a job offer and ultimately a career.
GEM Magazine LI strives to provide interns with a quality learning environment in order to acquire and develop the necessary skills needed for job placement and advancement in the magazine publishing industry.
*** Current Internships Available ***
Meet with editors, circulation directors and advertising managers to coordinate the appearance of a monthly Women's Magazine. To coordinate the look of the magazine as well as building advertisements and graphics, and use photos and other forms of artwork to create covers and inside pages. Needs to be highly innovative and creative, and understand the magazine's demographic and current trends.
Adobe In-design CS3-5, Adobe Photoshop CS3-5, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Supporting Publisher and editorial staff in all activities leading to a publication, including acting as a personal assistant to Editor-In-Chief.
- Liaising with other in-house teams, writers, photographers, printers, designers and production staff to negotiate and monitor timescales for stages in the publishing process
- Dealing with the administration of work commissioned to freelance writers, picture researchers, photographers, stylists and illustrators
- Organizing and researching projects to tight deadlines; summarizing editorial;
- Correcting editorial copy; using computers for word processing, desktop publishing and email;
- Filing, photocopying and other routine administrative tasks.
Computer knowledge and skills of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Translating a marketing or informational content into a functional website.
- Mapping or outlining a website's structural content.
- Creating or editing images and graphics for website use.
- Determining all coding requirements for site creation including: e-commerce capability, forms and specialized scripts.
- Creating templates of approved website layout.
- Coding website using HTML, or GUI design software.
- Creating verbal content for the website or using approved content from the publisher.
- Integrating verbal content with site design for final product.
- Posting completed site to internet server using FTP software.
- Making changes to the site directed by publisher.
- Submitting completed site to search engines.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING SPECIALIST
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities for GEM Magazine LI. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, My Space, You Tube and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO.
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus.
To apply for a position or internship at
GEM Magazine LI
or fill out the form below.
Open The Door To A World Of Opportunities!
Empowering, Inspiring and Motivating the Long Island Woman!