GEM Magazine LI is the sparkling new lifestyle magazine for the Long Island woman. Helping real women get the real answers they need – now – Gem is a monthly publication poised to become the trusted resource for women across the Island. From Montauk to Manhattan, women are turning to Gem!
GEM Magazine LI addresses the needs, concerns and issues facing the “real” Long Island woman. Meeting the demands of a fast paced and ever changing modern society, today’s Long Island women are faced with wearing many hats and are challenged by a tough balancing act. Women are an integral part of the successful management of many organizations whether they are private homes, schools, communities, businesses or even governments. Women are often times key decision makers and managers.
GEM takes into account that today’s Long Island woman can be an entrepreneur, home-maker, single mom, CEO, student, wife, sister or all of the above. GEM tackles today’s issues with fresh, engaging, informational, bold content written by the top experts in their fields.
Each issue includes: Today’s Long Island Woman; Jobs & Money; Health & Wellness; Beauty & Fitness; Fashion & Style; Food & Nutrition; Thrifty Shopper; Arts & Entertainment; Love & Relationships; Home & Pets; Travel & Technology; Girl's Night Out; Wine & Dine features plus MORE!
Click Cover To View Our Digital Edition
"Nurturing The Jewel In Every Woman!"
© 2012 Gem Magazine LI.. All rights reserved.
Receive the Digital Edition of
GEM Magazine LI in your Inbox!
GEM Magazine LI TV - Merchant Spotlight
The Affordable Care Act Impacts EVERYONE:
What Has the ACA Done For You Lately?
The Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare) was developed in 2008, fine-tuned during 2009, and began implementation in 2010. Changes are scheduled to continue occurring through 2014, but are you aware of what has already come to pass?
The legislation itself is very complex. To many, it’s simply a political issue-you’re either for or against it. But I’d like to suggest people look past the politics to understand what it has meant to them personally so far, and to make sure they’ve taken advantage of all possible opportunities.
Very rarely does something happen in our society that impacts virtually every person in some way. Like it or not, the ACA is going to affect you whether you:
• work for a healthcare provider (perhaps the largest employer segment on Long Island)
• work for an insurance company or government entity that provides health benefits
• are an employee (with or without employer provided health insurance)
• have a serious medical condition
• have, or know someone who has, suffered a healthcare financial crisis
Patients, providers, insurers and government entities have made many changes to implement the new rules and benefits already. Which of these has impacted you or someone you know?
• Extension of healthcare benefits to young adults up to age 26
• Children under 19 cannot be denied coverage due to pre-existing conditions
• Elimination of patient co-pays for preventative care services and screenings, such as mammograms, cancer screenings, and colonoscopies
• Medicare beneficiaries have gotten some relief from the dreaded prescription drug coverage ‘donut hole’
• Insurance plans are available to Americans with pre-existing conditions
Patients, be sure to take advantage of all these opportunities. Medical providers, make sure your systems are up to date, and your staff can effectively engage in patient discussions. If you need help, reach out to a qualified Practice Management Consultant.
We have a network of professionals waiting to answer your questions. From health & wellness, beauty, fitness & fashion, business & finance to home design, pets, relationships, dating, dining inspiration & more! We want to hear from you!
Susan M. Montana, CPC