© 2012 Gem Magazine LI.. All rights reserved.
As a normal part of life, stress enables us to get things done. If left unmanaged, stress can lead to emotional, psychological, and even physical problems. Stress causes a disruption in the flow of vital energy through the body. These energetic imbalances can throw off the immune system or cause symptoms of pain, sleep disturbances, abnormal digestion, headaches, menstrual irregularities, aggravation of already troublesome health conditions and, over time, more serious illnesses can develop.
Stress is cumulative. Stressful situations that last over a long period of time can create an ongoing low-level stress that puts continual pressure on the nervous system, and can cause the overproduction of hormones. The extra stress hormones may wear out the body’s reserves, lead to fatigue, depression, a weakened immune system, and a host of serious physical and psychological ailments.
For information regarding advertising please contact us.
Some signs of stress overload include:
- anxiety or panic attacks
- feelings of constant pressure, hassled and hurried
- irritability and moodiness
Research has shown that EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques), meditation and relaxation techniques can reduce stress levels. While it isn’t always possible to remove the external forces causing stress, the ability to effectively deal with stress is a choice. Take time for yourself to cultivate the energy you need to handle your stress more skillfully and effectively.
Here are some coping strategies for stress and anger well researched and positively tested:
- Take a few deep relaxation breaths.
- Do NOT curse.
- Walk away, release (walk, scream, punch the air-pillow) and calm down.
- Be aware of your triggers, which are whatever presses your buttons. If you don’t know what they are, get help to find out.
- Make it a priority to take a “mini-vacation” by finding time to relax every day. Lie down and visualize a place where you’ve felt very relaxed in the past and be there with all your senses.
- Get UP, open the drapes and exercise, dance or do yoga.
- Journal and/or write (angry) letters but DO NOT send!
- Learn Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) with a practitioner.
- Keep in mind that perfectionism is NOT the answer.
- Stay present and “don’t borrow worry.”
- Let “it” go and smile.
Click Cover To View Our Digital Edition
"Nurturing The Jewel
In Every Woman!"
The Concept Of Telemedicine
Osteoporosis Medications And Dental Health
BALANCE AND POWER